It’s that time of year babes…scarves, leggings, boots and pumpkin spice everything…right? Bootaybag and I thought it would be fun to come up with a healthy Halloween treat for you this month! I wanted to do something with pumpkin spice, dark chocolate, nuts and popcorn. This amazing little treat finally came together and I am so excited to share it with you! Perfect to serve at a Halloween party, a girls night in, a cozy movie night or whatever fall get together you have planned. The flavors are very “fall”, it’s so quick and easy and a delicious way to indulge in something sweet for Halloween without the candy “hangover”.
Feel free to swap out or switch up the ingredients to tailor it to your taste. If you don’t like walnuts, you could use almonds, pecans or whatever your favorite nuts are. You could also eliminate the cranberries and add more chocolate if you want or coconut flakes would be yummy too. Whatever you do, it will be delicious! Let me know though! Would love to hear comments and feedback and even see pics of some of your fall fun! xo
- 1 bag of organic microwave popcorn or ¼ cup popcorn kernels (about 6½ cups popped)
- 2 Tablespoons ghee or coconut butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- If using microwave popcorn, go ahead and pop the according to the directions on the package. If using kernels, pop using your preferred method.
- While the popcorn pops, combine the ghee or coconut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a small pot on medium/low heat. Stir well to make sure it all combines. Once the mixture is melted and fluid, remove from the heat.
- Place the popcorn into a large bowl and the pour the ghee, coconut oil, maple syrup over it. Toss and stir until evenly coated.
- In a gallon Ziploc bag add the pumpkin pie spice and sea salt.
- Add the popcorn to the bag, close the zipper and shake around until the popcorn is evenly coated. Taste and add an adjust seasoning, if desired. Add the walnuts, pepitas, dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips. Shake to mix. Pour back into the large bowl.