Alright babes, if you’ve never been able to perfect roasted sweet potato fries, this super simple, but completely amazing recipe is for you!
Three ingredients: sweet potatoes, olive oil and salt. It truly does not get more simpler than that. You can use this recipe for any shape you want, just be sure and watch the cooking time as smaller shapes will cook faster.
They are absolutely delicious and perfect for brunch, as a snack, in a wrap (see my Roasted Sweet Potato Avocado Lettuce Wraps recipe), as a side dish, in a salad…so many possibilities! Hope you love them as much as I do! xo
BEST SIMPLE ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 big pinches kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 °.
- Fill a large pot with water. Turn stove burner up to high heat. Place pot on stove to bring the water to a boil.
- Wash sweet potatoes and cut into desired shape.
- Once the water is boiling, place the cut sweet potatoes into the pot and boil them for 5 minutes or until they are soft enough to gently pierce with a fork.
- Remove pot from the stove and drain the sweet potatoes into a colander and place in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake for 30-40 mins (depending on how crispy you like them ->longer baking time =crispier).
- Be sure and stir them a couple times during baking to make sure they cook evenly.
- Once they are done, remove from the oven and sprinkle with 2 big pinches of kosher salt.Taste and add more if you want! Enjoy! xo