Need a last minute idea for your Thanksgiving menu? These Toasted Coconut Brussels Sprouts are perfect! Healthy holiday food that is quick, easy and so delicious!
Whether you are hosting your own dinner or visiting family or friends, the best way to make sure healthy options are part of your Thanksgiving dinner is to share a nutrient rich side dish. This Toasted Coconut Brussels Sprouts recipe from How Sweet It Is will be a yummy addition to any table. With just a few ingredients and a few minutes, you can put together something light and flavorful that won’t leave you feeling sluggish, stuffed or put you into the not so awesome traditional Thanksgiving food coma. You don’t have to compromise your healthy lifestyle this holiday season. Fill your plate with just good for you foods and enjoy Thanksgiving with gratitude, love for those around you and healthy eating! xo
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, stems removed and quartered
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons lite coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted, shredded coconut
- Add quartered brussels to a bowl and sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Drizzle with coconut oil and toss to coat.
- Heat a skillet oven medium-high heat and once hot, add brussels. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until toasted and charred. Reduce heat to low and stir in coconut milk. Stir in 2 tablespoons toasted coconut, then transfer to a bowl to serve. Top with remaining toasted coconut.