Tosca Reno is the official queen of Clean Eating. I was turned on to her books several years ago and have since enjoyed her articles and recipes in Oxygen and Clean Eating magazines. She recently re-published her 10 Principles of Clean Eating. Following the simple principles that define Clean Eating can make such a difference in not only your physique, but also your energy and athletic performance. Nutrition truly is the key! Check out the 10 Principles of Clean Eating below. Where are you at with your nutrition??? Are there some things you can do to clean it up??? Maybe you just need a reminder of how to eat to clean??? Have you always wondered what clean eating is all about???
Whatever the case is…here you go! :)
The 10 Principles of Eating Clean:
- Eat more! Eat 6 small meals each day spaced at intervals of 2-3 hours.
- Eat breakfast every day, within an hour of rising.
- Make your last meal three hours before bed.
- Eat a combination of lean protein plus complex carbohydrates at each meal.
- Eat sufficient healthy fats every day.
- Drink 2 to 3 liters of water each day.
- Pack your own lunch and snacks and bring clean foods with you every day.
- Depend on fresh fruits and vegetables for nutrients, vitamins, enzymes and fiber.
- Eat only foods that have not been overly processed or saturated in chemicals, saturated and trans fats and/or toxins.
- Adhere to proper portion sizes.
- Over-processed, refined foods
- Chemicals and preservatives
- White flour
- White sugar
- Artificial sugars
- Saturated and trans fats
- Alcohol – avoid or minimize intake
- Calorie-dense foods with little or no nutritional food value